What should I do if the person who injured me has insufficient financial resources to pay my auto accident claim?

Categories: FAQs

The first line of defense against a personal injury defendant is supplementary insurance – uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, to be exact. This type of insurance will cover you if you are injured by an uninsured motorist or whose insurance is insufficient, together with your PIP insurance, to cover your claim.

If you failed to purchase this type of insurance before your accident – or if these resources turn out to be insufficient – then depending on your case, you may be able to pursue the time-tested “deep pockets” strategy. Find a second defendant whose resources are sufficient to pay your claim. For example, if you were injured by an on-duty commercial driver employed by a company, you could probably sue the employer. Other defendants are possible under certain circumstances.

Were you or a loved one injured in an accident?

The law offices of Brian D. Guralnick help Florida residents and tourists seek compensation and Demand More? for their injuries.

Brian D. Guralnick

About the Author: Brian D. Guralnick

Brian D. Guralnick has been successfully representing injured accident victims in Florida since 1993. He has been voted “Best of the Best” personal injury lawyer by the Palm Beach Post for multiple years. If you have been injured in any type of accident, please call Brian and his team 24/7 at 561-202-6673.