West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Lawyers
Searching for a wrongful death lawyer in Palm Beach? We may be able to help. Facing the loss of a loved one is tragic, but it’s especially grievous when their death was potentially avoidable. Speak with our Florida wrongful death lawyers, who have experience settling cases in Palm Beach. Demand More ® & Call ASAP for a 100% free consultation regarding your wrongful death claim.
In many circumstances, our clients are entitled to seek compensation for pain and suffering, loss of income, funeral costs, medical bills, and other expenses in wrongful death suits. Most wrongful death claims are settled outside of court. But, if we must go to trial, we’re ready. Our Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, a prestigious accreditation only 1% of all Florida lawyers have achieved, will act on your behalf to get the job done.
While nothing will make your pain go away, if another person’s negligence caused your loved one’s death, you may have the right to financial compensation if you file a lawsuit. Working with a skilled West Palm Beach lawyer can help lift some of the stress off of your shoulders while we work to protect your rights and help you move forward.
A successful lawsuit can lead to compensation for the deceased’s family in several ways. Compensation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Lost wages that would have supported dependents
- The cost of the funeral, wake, and other expenses related to the death
- Medical bills for treating the deceased person before their death
- Financial compensation for the pain and suffering of the deceased’s family; and
- Anything else that the judge determines to be fair and legal.
Voted ‘Best-of-the-Best’ in the personal injury category of The Palm Beach Post, Brian D. Guralnick Injury Lawyers’ 30+ years of experience means we have what it takes to get you the help you deserve.
The Basics of Wrongful Death Laws
In Florida, all wrongful death lawsuits will include the following elements.
- First, there must have been some conduct that is classified as a wrongful act, negligence, breach of contract, or breach of warranty.
- Second, the conduct mentioned above must have caused the death in question; and
- Third, if the person had not died, the conduct would have caused injuries that would have entitled the injured person to file a personal injury lawsuit and recover damages.
If you have questions on these criteria or whether your case qualifies for a lawsuit under this portion of the law, it is always best to meet with an attorney. Our West Palm Beach wrongful death attorneys offer free initial consultations, so if you have a few questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Even if these seem like simple criteria, the attorneys representing the opposing party may create numerous defenses that can lead to your case being denied. So, if you want to move forward with a lawsuit, it is best to work with a skilled lawyer with experience in operating these cases.
Injuries and deaths may be caused in a variety of ways. The following list is not comprehensive but will give you an idea of what kinds of injuries and fatalities may be eligible for this lawsuit. It is always best to ask a professional attorney if you are unsure or think you may have a case.
- Aviation accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability cases
- Nursing home abuse or accidents
- Accidents due to faulty equipment
- Drunk driving accidents; or
- Medical negligence.
Call West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
Surrounding the loss of a loved one, stress levels and intense emotions are running high. Our attorneys are here to help you through it. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation so that we can help you get the compensation that you deserve.