A deposition is an out-of-court Q & A session where you answer questions under oath to help the parties prepare for trial. The judge will not be present, but a court reporter will make an official transcript, and the defense lawyer may question you. Your answers might be used against you at trial.
Following are some commonly asked questions:
- Have you ever been involved in a lawsuit before?
- Have you filed an insurance claim for your damages?
- How has your injury disrupted your daily life activities?
- Please rate your degree of pain from 1 to 10.
- Exactly what time did the accident happen? (This is a dangerous trick question!)
Some of these questions will be designed to elicit damaging testimony from you. Relax – we will be at your side to protect you, and we know all the tricks.
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident?
The law offices of Brian D. Guralnick help Florida residents and tourists seek compensation and Demand More? for their injuries.