The answer to this question depends on many factors, some of which are difficult to calculate. Some of the most important factors are:
- The seriousness of your injuries
- Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent
- The type of injuries you suffered (traumatic brain injury is particularly expensive to treat, for example)
- How much physical suffering you endured
- The extent and duration of any disability in performing daily life tasks, such as exercising and bathing
- How much time you had to take off work
- The extent and duration of any occupational disability (being forced to resign from a $ 200,000-a-year job is a tremendous opportunity cost, for example)
- The extent to which the accident was partly your fault (if any)
Many other factors also come into play. One of the most important, however, is the skill of your personal injury lawyer.
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident?
The law offices of Brian D. Guralnick help Florida residents and tourists seek compensation and Demand More? for their injuries.