Injury Attorney Fighting for Victims of 4th of July Accidents and Injuries throughout West Palm Beach
If an injury ruins your 4th of July celebration, it is important that you speak with an attorney. Many of the most common Independence Day injuries can lead to substantial losses – including medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and permanent scarring – and in many cases injury victims will be entitled to significant financial compensation.
Common Independence Day Celebration Injuries
Here are 10 of the most common 4th of July injuries for which compensation may be available:
- Bone fractures
- Burns and deep tissue injuries
- Ear injuries
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Traumatic brain injuries
4th of July Accidents and the Parties Responsible
When seeking compensation for any type of accident-related injury, the first step is always to seek medical attention. Then, once you are able, your next step should be to speak with an attorney. An experienced injury lawyer will be able to quickly assess your case and determine what steps are necessary to hold the responsible party (or parties) accountable for your losses.
Who is financially liable for your 4th of July injuries? It depends:
- If you were injured in a car accident, a drunk, distracted, or otherwise negligent driver may be to blame. It could also be the case that a faulty repair or a defective component caused the accident – meaning that you may be entitled to compensation from your repair shop, a dealership, or an automotive manufacturer.
- If you were injured by fireworks, the person who set off the fireworks (or the parent who let his or her child set off the fireworks) may be liable; or, you may have a strict liability claim for injuries resulting from a defective product.
- If you were injured in a boating accident, a negligent or inexperienced boat operator could be liable, as could a marina, boat repair shop, or boat manufacturer. Palm Beach County’s waterways tend to get extremely crowded on the 4th of July, and this unfortunately leads to an increased risk for dangerous boating accidents.
- If you were injured walking or riding your bike, you may have a claim against the driver who hit you. Pedestrian and bicycle accidents spike during busy holidays as well, and it is often drunk, distracted, and inattentive drivers who are to blame.
- If you were bitten by a dog, the dog’s owner or anyone else who was entrusted with controlling the dog could be liable for your bite-related injuries. Many people choose to bring their pets along for their 4th of July celebrations, and ’s strict liability law for dog bites means that even a dog’s first attack can lead to a claim for compensation.
We Can Help You Demand More® for Your Injuries and Losses
At Brian D. Guralnick Injury Lawyers, we take a personalized approach to personal injury representation. Each member of our legal team provides VIP attention, and we are committed to doing whatever it takes to win the compensation our clients deserve. If you suffer an injury on the 4th of July, let help you Demand More® for your losses. To get started, call me, Brian D. Guralnick, personally at 561.202.MORE(6673) for a free consultation.
Disclaimer: The information in this blog is not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. If you need advice on specific legal issues, please consult with a licensed Personal Injury attorney.