You have checked your side and rear view mirrors, even looked over your shoulder, before driving out of your parking spot. Yet suddenly, another driver is flooring the gas pedal at 60 miles per hour in the parking lot — and they do not stop. They ram into the side of your vehicle and make the world spin until you hit the car next to you.
Auto accidents can occur in the blink of an eye, but they leave behind an extensive trail of medical bills, physical therapy sessions, psychological stress, and lost wages.
If a car accident has injured you or your loved one in or near West Palm Beach, Florida, our experienced auto accident lawyers at Brian D. Guralnick Injury Lawyers stand ready to help you Demand More® for your injuries and receive a fair settlement. Please contact us today at (561) 983-4395 and speak with our car accident lawyers to schedule a free case evaluation.
Free yourself from the financial burdens associated with auto accidents and keep moving forward! Let us worry about your case while you focus on recovery, as our West Palm Beach car accident attorneys utilize their decades of experience in personal injury law to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
What to Do If You’re in a West Palm Beach Car Accident
Involved in a West Palm Beach car accident? Three steps you need to take include:
- Once you’ve ascertained your safety and that of the other driver, take pictures of the accident scene as a security measure for building your case.
- Make sure to contact your West Palm Beach car accident lawyer before communicating with an insurance company. Please do not make a statement until your attorney has vetted it first since once you’ve recorded a statement, you cannot change it.
- Relax knowing that your case will be in good hands with one of the knowledgeable West Palm Beach car accident lawyers from the Brian D. Guralnick Injury Lawyers team.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents
Unfortunately, car accidents are increasingly frequent in West Palm Beach, FL, as the allure of a day in the surf and sun brings plenty of local people and tourists alike to our roadways. No matter what type of auto accident case you have, our compassionate and highly-rated car accident lawyers stand prepared to fight for the maximum compensation available to you as a result of traffic accidents.
Any car accident lawyer at our law firm would be familiar with these common auto accident cases, and we even have someone for you if you need a head-on collision accident lawyer:
- Head-On Collision. A driver has been nodding off on the highway for some time now, sipping coffee with the windows down while blasting music, absolutely convinced he will not become a statistic. Falling asleep at the wheel happens to other drivers, but not to him, he thinks. His vehicle starts to drift across the solid double yellow line into the next lane of oncoming traffic. Head-on collisions are among the most terrifying kinds of car accidents because they typically result in wrongful death, brain injuries, or otherwise great pain and suffering for both parties involved.
- Intersection Accident. Red means stop, green means go. . . and, for some, yellow means go faster! Think again. Most intersection accidents occur because drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Thankfully, West Palm Beach car accident lawyers are bringing bad drivers to justice, and car accident victims are benefitting.
- Merging Accident. A driver is merging and does not make sure the lane is clear. She does not flip on her turn signal but, instead, holds the steering wheel in a death grip while muttering that the other drivers should let her in. This is an all-too-frequent occurrence that often ends up in a traffic accident for you or a loved one.
- Multi-Vehicle Collision. In a multi-car pileup, one legal issue is determining who to blame. An experienced personal injury lawyer from our team will work tirelessly to ascertain the liable party. Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in similar scenarios and provided them with the security of financial compensation.
- Rear-End Collision. In your rearview mirror, you notice that someone is driving too closely behind you and not keeping enough distance between your vehicles. When you have to stop abruptly, the driver behind you slams into the back of your car. A moment of distracted driving on their part can lead to back injuries, neck injuries, and a mountain of medical bills for you or a family member.
- Side-Impact (T-Bone) Accident. We all know of the impatient driver that does a rolling stop instead of completely using the brakes at a stop sign. Perhaps the driver is texting and doesn’t see the other car already in front of them. The car crashes into the other motor vehicle’s side, forming the letter “T” out of the mangled cars. This type of motor vehicle accident usually ends in personal injury, including broken bones and concussions.
- Sideswipe Accident. Driving while drifting lanes, and near-misses in head-on collisions, frequently cause sideswipe accidents.
- Highway Accident. In West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Lakes, Florida, we are familiar with selfish speeders on our highways. Speeding impairs the ability to correct mistakes in time. With the potential for new roadwork and detours on the route, speeding quickly escalates into tragic and traumatic consequences.
- Rollover Accident. Cars with a high center of gravity pose the risk of rolling over during a collision. SUVs present the highest risk, but depending on the crash’s force, any vehicle can become flipped, with its tires in the air. A West Palm Beach car accident attorney from our firm will strive to help you recover your losses.
Other Automobile Accident Types:
Large trucks have the potential to cause catastrophic damage due to their size alone. Motor vehicle crashes involving large trucks are mostly underride accidents, where a car becomes pinned underneath the truck.
Pedestrians have the right-of-way in Florida, and while we should all be looking out for one another, the dismal fact remains that distracted or under-the-influence drivers annually kill hundreds of pedestrians in our state.
Florida law requires drivers to respect the rights of others to be on the road. Drivers should always reduce speed when nearing a cyclist and should never make a right turn in front of a bicycle.
Why You Need an Auto Accident Attorney
Settling with the other driver might be a tempting offer. Yet the short-term feelings of goodwill may sour in the long term if the driver changes his mind — or the absence of a crash report leads to you footing the bill for damages that you did not cause.
After an accident, your body experiences an adrenaline rush, which can mute pain symptoms from the crash. Understand that your injuries could be masked and then rear their head at a later date, leaving you floundering to pay the doctor bills.
Similarly, your car could drive away from the accident, seemingly unscathed, only to develop mechanical difficulties further down the road. Insurance companies recommend getting your vehicle checked after an accident to see what repairs it may need, saving you a headache later on.
Handling the case solo with the insurance company could culminate with the insurance company offering you much less than what a personal injury attorney could achieve. Our attorneys will negotiate on your behalf to try to secure a fair amount for you. If we cannot reach an agreeable number through negotiations, we will continue to fight for you with a lawsuit.
Calculating damages can be a long and challenging process. Some economic damages are fairly straightforward, such as medical costs and lost income. However, quantifying emotional trauma (PTSD, anxiety, and other mental health disorders) that resulted from an auto accident can be a trickier process. Allow a professional car accident lawyer to handle your case, and our law firm will work tirelessly for your benefit.
A car accident attorney can mitigate the costs of a hospital stay, lost wages, rehabilitation, ongoing care, and more. You should be able to fully focus on healing and getting back to normal while our West Palm Beach, Florida, accident lawyers develop a case for you.
Call our West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation!
From financial compensation and security to automobile repairs and medical treatment, our team at Brian D. Guralnick Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, Florida, will work hard to Demand More® for you throughout the entire process. Our clients’ reviews and happy client photos speak for themselves, testaments to our long track record of dedication to our cases in West Palm Beach, FL.
Please contact us today at (561) 983-4395 for a free case review with our car accident attorneys. We will Demand More® for you.