West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult times in a person’s life. If that person was also a financial provider, any dependents may be left scrambling to cover finances on top of coping with the loss of a loved one – which is more than any person should have to handle.
While there is nothing that will make your pain go away, if your loved one’s death was caused by the negligence of another person, you may have the right to financial compensation if you file a lawsuit. Working with a skilled West Palm Beach lawyer can help lift some of the stress off of your shoulders while we work to protect your rights and help you move forward.
A successful lawsuit can lead to compensation for the family of the deceased in several ways. Compensation may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Lost wages that would have supported dependents
- The cost of the funeral, wake, and other expenses related to the death
- Medical bills for treating the deceased person prior to his or her death
- Financial compensation for the pain and suffering of the deceased’s family; and
- Anything else that the judge determines to be fair and legal.
The Basics of Wrongful Death Laws
In Florida, all wrongful death lawsuits will include the following elements.
- First, there must have been some conduct that is classified as a wrongful act, negligence, breach of contract, or breach of warranty
- Second, the conduct mentioned above must have caused the death in question; and
- Third, if the person had not died, the conduct would have caused injuries that would have entitled the injured person to file a personal injury lawsuit and recover damages.
If you have questions on these criteria, or whether your case qualifies for a lawsuit under this portion of the law, it is always best to meet with an attorney. Our West Palm Beach wrongful death attorneys offer free initial consultations; so if you have a few questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Even if these seem like simple criteria to meet, the attorneys who represent the opposing party may create numerous defenses that can lead to your case being denied. So, if you want to move forward with a lawsuit, it is best to work with a skilled lawyer with experience in working these types of cases.
Injuries and deaths may be caused in a variety of ways. The following list is not comprehensive but will give you an idea of what kinds of injuries and deaths may be eligible for this type of lawsuit. If you are not sure, or if you think you may have a case, it is always best to ask a professional attorney.
- Aviation accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability cases
- Nursing home abuse or accidents
- Accidents due to faulty equipment
- Drunk driving accidents; or
- Medical negligence.
Call West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
Surrounding the loss of a loved one, stress levels and intense emotions are running high. Our attorneys are here to help you through it. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation so that we can help you get the compensation that you deserve.